The Cuyahoga County Board of Developmental Disabilities is seeking a PT to promote optimal level of function for the health and safety of individuals with developmental disabilities and those who are eligible for CCBDD services through various appropriate therapeutic techniques within guidelines as established by Ohio laws and rules of practice and professional codes of ethics and philosophy of CCBDD. The assignment for this positoin is adults and community (ages 3 and up). The nature of work will include, but is not limited to the following:
- Perform physical therapy screening and/or assessment to individuals in various settings as appropriate.
- Engage in collaborative consultation with team members to assist in the development of recommendations for services and supports.
- Based on team consensus and current evidence, develop or assist in the development of individual programs that may include positioning, transitions, mobility, ambulation, fabrication/modification of equipment, sensory motor and self-care.
- Monitor and update individual client programs on a regular basis, and maintain progress notes.
- Instruct staff and/or caregivers regarding implementation of selected activities, use of adapted equipment and management and handling techniques.
- Collaborate with physicians and other health related professionals and community agencies as needed.
- Communicate with clients, staff and caregivers regarding assessment, programming and progress.
- Provide direction to and clinical supervision for Physical Therapy Students and Physical Therapy Assistant Students.
- Provide direction to Equipment Assistant.
- Participate in inter/intra-agency committees, in-service training, projects or teams as requested or approved by supervisor.
UNUSUAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Will necessitate working a flexible schedule as delineated in the bargaining unit contract and/or staff member handbook. May be assigned to work with individuals who are medically fragile, dually diagnosed, or with multiple comorbidities.